Contact Representative (Service Representative)(Mandarin)
Social Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:
|SALARY RANGE:||$34,194.00 to $49,555.00 / Per Year|
|OPEN PERIOD:||Wednesday, January 21, 2015 to Tuesday, January 27, 2015|
|SERIES & GRADE:||GS-0962-05/06|
|POSITION INFORMATION:||Full Time – Permanent|
| PROMOTION POTENTIAL:|
|DUTY LOCATIONS:|| 1 vacancy in the following location:|
Sacramento South, CA
|WHO MAY APPLY:||United States Citizens|
|SECURITY CLEARANCE:||Not Applicable|
Do you have a desire to:
- Help SSA manage its Social Security programs, analyze and solve problems?
- Advise millions of retired and disabled individuals?
- Work on a team to make a difference in people’s lives and your own?
Once selected for the Service Representative position in SSA, you will contribute to the Agency’s mission through direct and personal service to the public. As the first point of contact, you are responsible for speaking with beneficiaries or inquirers in person or by telephone to provide information on SSA laws, rules and regulations. This includes obtaining information in order to determine eligibility and entitlement for programs administered by SSA, and using state-of-the-art computer technology to access and update information about claims.
This position is located in the South Sacramento District Office, 40 Massie Circle, Sacramento, CA.
This position is being filled on a full-time, permanent basis. Additional selections may be made within six months from the closing date of this announcement.
This is a career-ladder position leading to the GS-8 grade level.
- Not Required
- S. Citizenship Required
- Selective Service Registration. See Other Information tab.
- Security and/or Background Investigation Required
- Selectees are required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Must pass Meet-and-Deal panel interview.
- Selectees are required to complete a 11-13 week technical training class.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
Service Representatives interview beneficiaries and the general public to determine the nature of their problem; explain technical information, gather facts and resolve problems relating to Social Security programs.
to view a video about this position.