Senior Executive Resume Writing Services
The Senior Executive Service (SES) is a position classification in the civil service of the United States’ Federal Government, which serves as the cornerstone of the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 to ensure that the executive management of the government is of the highest quality.
Senior Executive Resume Service:
To become an eligible SES candidate, the usual cover letter and resume need to include the five executive core qualifications (ECQs).
The executive core qualifications define the competencies needed to build a federal corporate culture that drives results, serves customers, and builds successful teams and coalitions inside and outside the organization. The Executive Core Qualifications are required for entry to the Senior Executive Service and are used by many departments and agencies in selection, performance management, and leadership development for management and executive positions. The ECQs were designed to assess executive experience and potential-not technical expertise.
The core qualifications comprise of:
- Leading Change—This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both inside and outside the organization to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People—This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven—This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen—This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions—This core qualification involves the ability to build a coalition internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Most veteran military personnel (general officers or flag officers) are eligible for SES positions because they serve the same function in federal offices. The primary duties of an SES executive are comprised of:
- Directing the work of an organizational unit
- Ensuring the success of one or more specific programs or projects
- Monitoring the progress of organizational goals, and periodically evaluate and implement the appropriate adjustments to the organization
- Supervising the work of employees
- Exercising important policy-making, policy-determining, or other executive functions
According to the Office of Human Resources at the National Institutes of Health, “The FY04 National Defense Authorization Action (P.L. 108-136) established a performance-based pay system for the SES which requires agencies to make decisions on setting and adjusting the rates of base pay for SES members based on individual performance and/or their contributions to the agency.”
SES pay is set within an open range which has a minimum rate of basic pay equal to 120 percent of the rate for GS-15. Additional compensation items include:
- SES members are eligible for retention incentives up to 25% of base pay
- SES members may also be granted relocation allowances and recruitment incentives
- SES members are NOT eligible for within-grade increases like GS employees
- SES employees are NOT eligible for premium pay, including overtime, and may NOT earn compensatory time for work performed (except that as stated in 5 U.S.C. 5550a)
- SES members may be eligible for cash and honorary awards
Senior Executive Resume Writers
While most veterans qualify for an SES position, the direct application process on federal agencies and the SES Candidate Development Program are often tough competitions our seniors would rather not pursue. Luckily, there are professional executive resume writing services that helps in the creation and completion of the right documents and resume needed to make successful applications.
Senior Executive Resume Expert
For job-winning federal SES resumes, coaching, and mentoring, choose the Federal Resume Writer service.
With a client-centered, customer-oriented service model that has resulted in numerous accolades, repeat business, and an extensive network of customer referrals you can start preparing for your new job with ease. Ace your job application with Federal Resume writer today!