Multiple employment opportunities exist within the Federal Government. On any given day, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) lists thousands of jobs on its official website, USAJobs.com. Most of the jobs listed require specific experience and/or education, but internship positions are also periodically available. The federal job process, however, can be lengthy and difficult. Applicants often apply for more than one job before finding the perfect fit, so persistence and determination are key to the process.
A well prepared federal resume, which is significantly different than a typical private sector resume, is the most important factor in landing a federal job.
Federal Job Search
The Federal Government is the largest employer in the U.S. and offers a wide variety of career opportunities. Across a broad range of agencies, the Federal Government employs more than 1.7 million people in more than 400 occupational specialties, both in the U.S. and abroad. The opportunities are diverse enough to encompass many occupational specialties. Most federal jobs are listed on USA Jobs, but not all of them. Some are listed, either separately or jointly on AVUE Central, while some agencies choose to post job offerings exclusively on their own websites.
Federal jobs provide valuable benefits, including:
- Healthcare – The Federal Government offers the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) which includes excellent dental plans, long-term care plans, life insurance, and a host of options.
- Paid Leave – Paid leave generally includes thirteen days of sick leave per year, 26 days of paid vacation, and paid federal holidays.
- Family oriented plans – Some federal jobs offer flexible work schedules or telework opportunities that can reduce commuting and result in more family time.
- Retirement benefits – Federal employees may receive benefits from the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).
Land a federal job and enjoy these benefits with the help of Federal Resume Writer. Federal Resume Writer has a decade of experience and recognized excellence in providing coaching, training, and resume writing to those who want to reach the top of the employment ladder.
Federal Job Openings
Locate federal job openings that fit your background by regularly exploring USA Jobs, AVUE Central and the web pages of agencies that are of particular interest. Once you have identified a target job and made certain that you fit the qualifications, you can begin the application process. In the meantime, establish your accounts on the application sites and get your materials (college transcripts, DD 214, and any other applicable documents ready. Here are some valuable tips:
- Familiarize – Visit USAjobs.gov and AVUE Central often and read all information available on those sites to learn more about openings and how the federal process works.
- Network – Build your network. Find friends, colleagues, or former coworkers who are now federally employed, to gain their insight on the hiring process.
When you are ready, let the experts at Federal Resume Writer help you navigate the entire federal hiring process to maximize your potential for a federal job.
Federal Government Job
When it comes to preparing a stellar federal resume that demonstrates your skills, qualifications and capabilities, Federal Resume Writer is the best in the business. We gather your information, personally interview you via telephone and help you match your qualifications to your chosen job opening. After building hundreds of successful federal resumes, we know what is required for each type of federal resume and how to best use the allotted resume space.
The federal hiring process can be arduous and complex. At Federal Resume Writer, we can help simplify it by assessing your skills to ensure that you qualify for the job you want, then prepare a targeted resume to unequivocally demonstrate those qualifications. Federal Resume Writer has been helping people build their federal careers for more than ten years.
Land a federal job today with help from Federal Resume Writer! Ten years of expertise at affordable rates. Call us today!